Vino Girl's Note:
An easy bar version of the Dutch cookie. From Taste of Home (February/March 2001)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together; add egg yolk and mix well.
- 3Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking soda in another bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 4Press into a greased 15" x 10" x 1" baking pan.
- 5Beat the egg white and brush over dough; sprinkle with the almonds.
- 6Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 7Cool 5 minutes and cut into bars, before cooling completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Windmill Cookie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 72.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g