Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
this comes from Denise Albers and is found in the 1999 taste of home cookbook
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 dash paprika
- in a small bowl, combine cabbage, onion, celery seed and salt.
- set aside.
- in skillet, cook bacon till crisp.
- drain; reserving 1 tablespoons bacon dripping.
- crumble bacon over cabbage mixture.
- to drippings add sugar, vinegar, and paprika.
- stir and heat till sugar is dissolved.
- pour this over cabbage mixture and toss.
Very good cabbage! It's more sweet than tangy, although I did leave out the onion. The bacon is really good in this. Thanks for a great recipe!