Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from "Southern Living", courtesy of Linda Davidson, Midland, TX.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon, set aside.
- Add onions and next 4 ingredients to drippings in skillet, stirring until blended.
- Stir in cabbage.
- Cook over medium heat, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon.
We liked it. My husband & I ate the "whole thing"! It's just like I make wilted lettuce.
My husband said "Honey, this is the best cabbage I've ever had!"
This was GREAT and i made it like 3 times in two weeks... I add more bacon and while its all cooking I pour a little olive oil on top and i use lots of onions