Recipe by Dienia B.
I love William Shatner and cappuccino; what could be better, hehe. These are on several sites, the goldmine again, where there are bunches of other celebrity recipes. I used instant coffee instead of espresso powder cause where I live that's all there is. It works fine.
Top Review by joanna_giselle
These were lovely and I really liked the espresso flavour. I increased the amount of coffee to 3 teaspoons but left the rest as it was. I also really liked the fact that you melt the butter for this recipe as it makes it much faster to make. A delicious coffee muffin.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease muffin tins or line with paper baking cups.
- Sift all dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Beat the egg together with the milk and the melted butter. Add the vanilla.
- Add to the dry ingredients along with the chocolate chips and mix until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake until just done, approximately 20 minutes.