1/1 Photo of Wild Rice Salad With Curry Dressing
This is a relatively easy to prepare side dish with a wonderful melding of flavors. Try it warm or cold when you're in the mood for something different!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- lettuce leaf
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Add the chicken broth, rice and seasoning packet to a saucepan. Let come to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20-25 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and rice is soft.
- 2Soak raisins in 1 cup of hot water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- 3To toast pecans, arrange them in a shallow baking tray and cook for 10 to 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven, checking after 8 minutes.
- 4Once the rice is ready, transfer it to your serving bowl, add the green onions, raisins, pecans, and beans, and stir gently.
- 5To prepare Curry dressing add mayonnaise, curry powder, honey, apple cider vinegar, ground red pepper, prepared Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl & stir thoroughly.
- 6Serve with a dollop of Curry dressing on a bed of lettuce leaves.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice Salad With Curry Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.7
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 524.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend