Recipe by 75violets
This is a relatively easy to prepare side dish with a wonderful melding of flavors. Try it warm or cold when you're in the mood for something different!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Absolutely delicious! Made as directed and would not change a thing. This salad makes such a beautiful presentation too. The dressing is wonderful and the ingredients really compliment each other, as well as, the curry dressing. Will definitely make this salad again. Made for the Best of 2014 tag game.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- lettuce leaf
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the chicken broth, rice and seasoning packet to a saucepan. Let come to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20-25 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and rice is soft.
- Soak raisins in 1 cup of hot water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- To toast pecans, arrange them in a shallow baking tray and cook for 10 to 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven, checking after 8 minutes.
- Once the rice is ready, transfer it to your serving bowl, add the green onions, raisins, pecans, and beans, and stir gently.
- To prepare Curry dressing add mayonnaise, curry powder, honey, apple cider vinegar, ground red pepper, prepared Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl & stir thoroughly.
- Serve with a dollop of Curry dressing on a bed of lettuce leaves.