Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another MN twist to a favorite hot dish--and who thought Minnesotan's cooked so blandly!
Make and share this Wild Rice/Chilies/Chicken Dish recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chicken or 1 1⁄4 lbs turkey
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen corn
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place wild rice in 2-quart casserole, buttered.
- In large skillet, brown ground chicken/turkey; adding chilies and seasonings; drain fat.
- Add this to casserole.
- In same skillet, lightly sauté onion and red pepper in oil.
- Add flour, stirring until bubbly.
- Gradually stir in broth.
- Add corn; heat through.
- Stir in milk.
- Add mixture to casserole.
- Toss all ingredients.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the cheese; toss lightly.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover; bake until heated through, approx 30 minutes.
- Remove cover; bake 5 minutes longer.
Mmmm, yummy! This will be fixed again! The only directions I didn't follow was to add the cooked ground turkey to the casserole before mixing up the rest. The onion and red pepper was added to the turkey and everything mixed into the skillet. I love a dish that has it all, and this one certainly does. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Liisa. Made for My-3- Chefs 2009.