Recipe by Chef Doozer
If you like chicken salad, you'll love this one! It is good plain with crackers or served in a pita or a croissant. It is wonderful for women's luncheons. Everyone loves it.
Top Review by Debloves2cook
This is sooo good and a refreshing salad on a hot day. We wrapped in Pitas for a nice fresh lunch. I added the craisins, cuz I love them and I also used the Uncle Ben's 90 second microwave pouch for rice and it worked great.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (or 1 large can of chicken, drained)
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cashews or 1 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions. Drain and cool to room temperature. Add rest of ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and chill a couple hours before serving (overnight is fine).
- Tips: I have been using the Uncle Ben's 90 second microwave pouch for the rice part. I use the long grain and wild rice mix.
- I also think it tastes better with canned chicken.