Baked Apricot Wild Rice Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from my 365 One-Dish Meals cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350. Clean chicken, discarding giblets and neck. Tie legs together and place, breast-side up, in a Dutch oven.
- Spread honey over chicken. Sprinkle with onion, garlic, turmeric, and lemon juice. Cover and bake for 1 hour. Drain off all fat and liquid.
- Sprinkle contents of rice and seasoning packets from rice mix around and under chicken. Pour water over rice. Add apricots.
- Cover and bake 35-45 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Mix pecans into rice. Cut chicken into pieces and serve over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION