Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy chickie recipe originally from the cookbook, Kitchen Keepsakes, by Bonnie Welch & Deanna White. Your family will think you've spent the whole day in the kitchen with this delightful dish.
- 1 package uncle ben's wild rice mix
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 large chicken breast halves
- melted butter
- salt & pepper
- Combine rice mix, soups,mushrooms, water and sherry in 9x13" casserole dish.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Brush with melted butter, salt& pepper, paprika.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 1/2-2 hours.
I, too, found this somewhat salty. It was good though and easy to do. Instead of using packaged wild rice and soup mix, it may be less salty if it is "homemade."
This was good. My husband put this together last night, and the house smelled so good when I got home. However, we both found it to be too salty (and I love salt!). We'll try this again, and attempt to avoid some salt and substitute some low-sodium products. This is easy and tasty, but I think it needs some tweaking.