Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great casserole for brunch, lunch, side dishes or even as a light meal. This recipe has been in my family for years, I truly love this dish! It always makes me think of Christmas brunch!
- 1 (6 ounce) box wild rice, prepared
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and divided
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup almonds.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top dish with reserved 1/4 cup of almonds.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.