Recipe by Luvfood
Really yummy if you like puff pastry for a first course at a dinner party !! Recipe can also be changed to a Spinach and Pine nut combo with a dash of nutmeg. Recipe from an old Elle magazine (one of those recipe cards). Chef that created it, Alain Le Cossec. Enjoy !!
- 1 lb thawed puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1 lb assorted wild mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out pastry to measure 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 4 inch diamonds and place on buttered baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg yolk with 1 tsp water, Brush mixture lightly over the pastry diamonds& Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the prepared pastry is chilling, melt butter in a large skillet over moderately high heat and add the shallot and mushrooms, cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- ,Remove mushroom mixture from skillet and set aside.
- Add cream to the skillet, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Cook stirring often until reduced by half, 5-7 minutes.
- Return the mushroom mixture to the skillet, season with salt& pepper, cover& set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F& bake pastry diamonds until puffed and golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Use a serrated knife to halve horizontally, arrange bottoms on 4 individual serving plates.
- Gently re-heat the mushroom mixture and spoon equal amounts over the pastry bottoms, replace the top halves and sprinkle with fresh chives& serve at once!