Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
with pickled onion and spinach n top of baby leek salad tassed in sherry vinaigrette. From Völundur Snær Chef. www.volundur.com It is pretty certain that this will be found to be a very pleasing dish indeed. It is fresh in taste utilizing pure veggetables, and certainly low in fat. Use 1 terrine mold (about 1 1/2 inch wide, at least 2 inch high and about 5 inch long).
- 15 ounces larch wild mushrooms
- 1 pickled red onion
- 8 ounces spinach, blanched
- 1⁄4 ounce gelatin
- 60 spring green baby leeks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinaigrette
- Cut the mushrooms and the pickled onions into thn slices, remove stems from spinach.
- blanch spinach and squeeze all excess waater out of it.
- Sauté the mushrooms in a pan with grape seed oil, crushed garlic, springs og rosmary and thyme.
- allow liquid to drip off the onion slices.
- Moisten terrine mold and line with plastic wrap.
- Arrange mushroom slices and onion, along with pieces of spinach in alternative layers, sprinkling each layer with salt and pepper.
- dissolve gelatine into two cups of hot mushroo, stock.
- pour the liquid into the mold, covering the layers completely.
- Fold plastic wrap over the aspic and put it under pressure.
- Place aside in a cool place to firm up.
- For serving, remove the aspic from the mold but keep in plastic wrap as it is easier to cut that way. The slices should be about quater of an inch in thickness. Remove plastic wrap before serving on top of a bed of baby leek salad tossed with sherry vinaigrette and seasoned with Fleur de sel.