Wild Mushroom Terrine
- Ready In:
- 8 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups wild mushrooms (a mix of portobello, shiitake, button and oyster)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups vegetable stock, preferably home made
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with 1/2" of potatoes. Place all the mushrooms on the top and cover with another 1/2" of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the vegetable stock over all to a depth of 1/2".
- Oil one side of a sheet of aluminum foil and lightly cover the potatoes, oiled side down. Bake for 1 hour, then remove the foil. Bake another 30 - 45 minutes, or until a knife goes through the center easidly. Remove from the oven. Place a heavy object on top of the terrine to compress it while cooling, for about 1 hour.
- To serve: Cut the terrine into squares, place on a greased cookie sheet and reheat at 350 for 10 - 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!