Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 goose, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup shallot, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 pint oyster
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- Make a roux in a black iron pot with oil and flour.
- Cook slowly over low heat until dark brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add onions, bell pepper and celery, cooking until wilted.
- Add seasonings and 3 quarts of hot water, then add season seasoned goose and cook in a covered pot over low heat for 2 hours or until goose is very tender.
- Add oysters, shallots and parsley.
- Simmer slowly until edges of oysters begin to curl.
- Serve over rice with filé and French bread.