2 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a roux in a black iron pot with oil and flour.
- 2Cook slowly over low heat until dark brown, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add onions, bell pepper and celery, cooking until wilted.
- 4Add seasonings and 3 quarts of hot water, then add season seasoned goose and cook in a covered pot over low heat for 2 hours or until goose is very tender.
- 5Add oysters, shallots and parsley.
- 6Simmer slowly until edges of oysters begin to curl.
- 7Serve over rice with filé and French bread.
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Goose Gumbo With Oysters
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1088.8
- Calories from Fat 690
- Total Fat 76.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 272.5 mg
- Sodium 273.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 74.4 g