Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
It's tough to beat a good plate of saucy boneless wings! These are crispy, moist, and delicious. You can find sauce recipes everywhere- there are tons on this site. You can probably find some good knock-off recipes of your favorite restaurant sauces.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (you can use breasts if you're concerned about the fat, but let's be honest, you're deep-frying here)
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (or regular breadcrumbs)
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup flour (whole wheat is fine if you want to pretend this might be healthy)
- oil, for deep-frying
- nonstick cooking spray
- chicken wing sauce (2 cups of one flavor or 1/2 cup each of 4 different sauces...etc.)
- Beat the egg yolk into the water or milk until somewhat frothy.
- Mix the panko, flour, and cornmeal in a large boil.
- Heat a sturdy pot with 2-3 inches of oil in it on the stovetop.
- Pat chicken dry and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg yolk mixture, then coat in breading and set on a plate or something.
- When the oil is ready (about 350 to 375 F), put a batch of 5-7 chicken pieces in gently- try to keep them from touching.
- Check them in about 5 minutes- if they are golden, they are ready for the next step- put them on a plate covered in paper towels. It's OK if they are not quite cooked through yet.
- As you keep frying batches of chicken, heat the oven to 350°F.
- When you are done deep-frying, place the chicken pieces on a cookies sheet, spread in a single layer.
- Bake the chicken at 350 F for 30-35 minute.
- When you take the chicken out of the oven, let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, get out a number of containers (tupperware-type is fine) corresponding to the number of sauces you are using.
- Divide the chicken into portions based on your number of sauces.
- Put one portion of chicken into each container, and top with 1/2 cup of sauce for each 1/2 pound of chicken (or to taste if you like saucier/less saucy wings).
- Shake each container vigorously for 2-3 minutes.
- Open up the containers and serve! Maybe on a fancy plate if you're into that kind of thing. Me, I just eat them right out of the tupperware.