Boneless Buffalo Wings With Blue Cheese Dip
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fat-free buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, like Frank's Red Hot, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar, divided
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Whisk together: buttermilk, 1 T. hot pepper sauce, 1 T. vinegar. Add chicken; toss to coat. Marinate in fridge between 10 minutes to 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Do this in a nonreactive bowl (glass or ceramic, not metal).
- Put flour and cornmeal in shallow dish or large, ziplock-type bag.
- Whisk together last 1/2 T. hot sauce and 1/2 T. vinegar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Roll or toss in flour. Throw away any leftover marinade and/or flour mixture.
- Heat 1.5 t. oil over med-hi heat. Add half the chicken. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3-4 minutes/side. Transfer to serving plate. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken, reducing heat if necessary. Before serving, drizzle chicken with the set-aside hot sauce mixture.
- Dip: Whisk it together.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I marinated for about 12 Hours, and the flavor really penetrated my chicken tenders. I took the easy way out and put the flour mixture in a bag and shook the chicken tenders in it. The chicken was very moist and tasty. I increased the sauce after making these because I like my wings spicy. Delicious Sunday Football food! Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag game.