1/1 Photo of Wi Gal's Chicken Rice Stove Top Dish Made Healthier
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (pref. homemade)
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt substitute (if broth needs it)
- 1 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1In saucepan, melt margarine and combine with olive oil.
- 2Add celery & onion and saute until tender. Add garlic for the last minute.
- 3Add carrots, broth, rice and pepper (and salt sub. if using) and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 35 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- 5Stir in chicken and parsley, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wi Gal's Chicken Rice Stove Top Dish Made Healthier
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.6
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 244.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 23.9 g