Recipe by Sharon123
A delicious and healthy recipe from the Wheat Foods Council. Great for potlucks, appetizers, snacks, lunch! Tex/Mex, Southwestern, Mexican
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
very good, I did add in fresh garlic and cayenne to the cream cheese filling and used old cheddar cheese in place of the taco cheese, this is a great pinwheel recipe that I will make again soon, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce or 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded taco cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (optional)
- 7 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, taco seasoning and picante sauce. Stir until smooth and well blended. Fold in black olives, green chiles(if using), cheese, peppers, and cayenne and garlic(if using).
- Place one tortilla on a plate; spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture onto the tortilla. Fold sides of tortilla in, fold bottom of tortilla up, and roll to opposite end. Cut into ½ -inch slices and place pinwheels on a festive serving platter.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately or cover and chill until serving time. Enjoy!