Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is perfect for when you want a few pancakes without all the leftovers. To pack even more chocolaty goodness in every bite, I use a combination of mini chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chunks, and dark chocolate chips-- use any combonation of chocolate you desire! The pancakes are delicious with or without the spread-- I've also had them with Brown Sugar Syrup-- also delicious! Recipe can easily be doubled.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk, plus more
- milk, if needed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread
- 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄8 cup chocolate chips
- Pancakes: Stir together flour and baking powder, set aside. Beat together the egg, milk, salt and Splenda in a bowl. Stir in flour until just moistened, add chocolate chips, and stir to incorporate.
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn, and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread: Place peanut butter in microwave-safe mug and microwave until partially melted (about 15-20 seconds). Remove from microwave and stir in chocolate chips.
- Place peanut butter back in microwave for about another 15-20 seconds or until chocolate has melted. Spread over pancakes.