Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is an easy and tasty muffin. There is very little refined sugar in the recipe and no dairy. However - they are so good that no one will ever know how healthy they are.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup agave nectar or 1 cup honey
- 1 mashed banana (or 1/2 c. soymilk)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran (or ground oats)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (turbanado sugar works best)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (earth balance works well) or 1⁄2 cup coconut oil (earth balance works well)
- Combine all dry muffin ingrediends in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and stir just until mixed. If mixture seems too thick, add a couple tablespoons soymilk or water.
- Add in blueberries.
- Grease muffin tins and fill about 3/4 full.
- Mix together crumb topping with your hands and sprinkle some onto each muffin - enough to cover the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden on top and done.
Yummy vegan muffins! I've made vegan muffins before using Earth Balance but had never tried it with agave nectar. The muffins are flavorful, moist and very healthy! I loved the whole wheat and blueberries, but my husbands' favorite part was the sugar/oat topping. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring PAC.