This is an easy and tasty muffin. There is very little refined sugar in the recipe and no dairy. However - they are so good that no one will ever know how healthy they are.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup agave nectar or 1 cup honey
- 1 mashed banana (or 1/2 c. soymilk)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran (or ground oats)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (turbanado sugar works best)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (earth balance works well) or 1⁄2 cup coconut oil (earth balance works well)
- Combine all dry muffin ingrediends in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and stir just until mixed. If mixture seems too thick, add a couple tablespoons soymilk or water.
- Add in blueberries.
- Grease muffin tins and fill about 3/4 full.
- Mix together crumb topping with your hands and sprinkle some onto each muffin - enough to cover the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden on top and done.