Serve these wholesome, flaky biscuits warm with applesauce or fruit-sweetened jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixting bowl.
- 3Cut in the oil with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Using a fork, stir in just enough of the milk so that the dry ingredients are moistened and the dough comes together.
- 5(Too much milk will make the dough sticky; too little will make the biscuits dry.) Gather the dough in a ball and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface.
- 6Knead it gently 20 to 25 times.
- 7Then smooth it into a ball.
- 8Roll or pat the dough into a 1/2-inch thick round and cut it with a floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter or the rim of a glass.
- 9Push the center straight down into the dough without twisting it.
- 10Reroll and recut the scraps of dough.
- 11Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet about an inch apart for crusty sides or touching for soft sides.
- 12Bake on the center shelf of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- 13Do not overbake.
- 14Serve hot or warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole-Wheat Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 269.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g