Recipe by PaulaG
I am always looking for ways to add fiber to our diet. These muffins originally called for 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat flour. I made some adjustments and the end result were moist, fruit filled muffins. The recipe calls for cinnamon; however, for a true taste delight add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of my Baking Spice Blend Mix Baking Spice Blend Mix.
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sorghum or 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 whole egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, washed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the oats in blender container and process until fine flour.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix oat flour, oat bran and pastry flour; stir in baking powder and soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg substitute, buttermilk and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour all at once and stir to moisten.
- Gently stir in rinsed and drained berries and spoon batter into muffin tins that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.