Recipe by londongavchick
Very yummy muffins courtesy of the can label off of the 365 canned pumpkin. I even substituted egg beaters for the egg, splenda for the sugar and applesauce for the butter and they are still great.
Top Review by ilovecookingsomuch
Really good recipe, just went bad after 4 days storage in an airtight container. I might experiment w/ more spices and the ratio of whole wheat to all purpose flour. Thanks for sharing! (I used applesauce)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or splenda)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg (or egg substitute)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or applesauce)
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 12 2-1/2 inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Dust with flour and set asie.
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients and make a well in center of flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk and butter and then stir in pumpkin.
- Add pumpkin mixture all at once to flour mixture and stir until just moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.