Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very yummy muffins courtesy of the can label off of the 365 canned pumpkin. I even substituted egg beaters for the egg, splenda for the sugar and applesauce for the butter and they are still great.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or splenda)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg (or egg substitute)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or applesauce)
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 12 2-1/2 inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Dust with flour and set asie.
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients and make a well in center of flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk and butter and then stir in pumpkin.
- Add pumpkin mixture all at once to flour mixture and stir until just moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.
Really good recipe, just went bad after 4 days storage in an airtight container. I might experiment w/ more spices and the ratio of whole wheat to all purpose flour. Thanks for sharing! (I used applesauce)
These were really good , quick , and easy! My favorite. I made mini muffins. Made for Pick a Chef 2010
I love these muffins, here's a few tips to make them better... 1. I add a little (1-2 Tbsp) of apple cider juice. 2. I use fresh pumpkin spice (you can so tell the difference) 3. I add about a handful of or so Cranraisins, it makes the muffins a little sweeter and they go perfectly with the pumpkin and spices.