Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
I made this one day when I was in a very big hurry to get to work, but I also wanted a nice dinner to come home too. Since my Fiance works the same hours almost that I do...well, that wasn't happening. So, I decided to see how a whole frozen chicken would do in a crock pot, and it was great!
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
This was wonderful and easy. I put the onions UNDER the chicken with some mini carrots. I put the sauce ingredients (minus onions) in a mini processor and poured it over. This will make some great chicken broth. I just leave the bones and stuff in the crock pot, add water and let cook on low overnight. Then I strain and put in containers in the freezer.
- 1360.77 g frozen whole chickens (or a chicken that with just fit in your crock pot)
- 453.59 g cremini mushrooms or 453.59 g button mushroom, halved
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 7.39 ml dried rosemary
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- 7.39 ml salt (I like kosher)
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml onion powder
- 44.37 ml butter, softened
- 29.58 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken and the mushrooms in a crock pot set to low.
- (I put mine on high, but it's really old and doesn't heat up as well as it should, so go with your instincts on this one).
- Place all the other ingredients in a food processor (I use one mini food processor) and blend them into a paste.
- Pour the paste over the chicken and mushrooms, cover with the lid, and let it cook for about 10 hours ENJOY.
- PS it will be very VERY tender so be careful when you are taking it out of the crock pot because it will just fall apart.
- Also, the stock that the chicken makes is GREAT for chicken noodle soup!