1/5 Photos of Whole Crock Pot Chicken
10 hrs 10 mins
I made this one day when I was in a very big hurry to get to work, but I also wanted a nice dinner to come home too. Since my Fiance works the same hours almost that I do...well, that wasn't happening. So, I decided to see how a whole frozen chicken would do in a crock pot, and it was great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) frozen whole chickens (or a chicken that with just fit in your crock pot)
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms or 1 lb button mushroom, halved
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt (I like kosher)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1Place the chicken and the mushrooms in a crock pot set to low.
- 2(I put mine on high, but it's really old and doesn't heat up as well as it should, so go with your instincts on this one).
- 3Place all the other ingredients in a food processor (I use one mini food processor) and blend them into a paste.
- 4Pour the paste over the chicken and mushrooms, cover with the lid, and let it cook for about 10 hours ENJOY.
- 5PS it will be very VERY tender so be careful when you are taking it out of the crock pot because it will just fall apart.
- 6Also, the stock that the chicken makes is GREAT for chicken noodle soup!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Crock Pot Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.6
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 183.3 mg
- Sodium 1108.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 41.6 g