Recipe by mandabears
This a recipe from the Southern Living Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook and came in a insert from the Cook Book of the Month Club. The hardest thing to do is shred the chicken.
- 1 onion, sweet, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄4 ounces white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 3 (16 ounce) cans navy beans
- sour cream
- avocado, diced
- monterrey cheese, shredded
- cilantro leaf, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil in large Dutch oven over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in chicken, chicken broth, green chilies and seasoning mix with 2 cans beans.
- Coarsely mash remaining can of beans and add to chicken mixture.
- Bring to boil, stirring often.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.