Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
One large & cozy hot chocolate serving. Very quick and easy. A good way to use up white chocolate after Easter.
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup white chocolate
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Put about half of milk in a small pot.
- Add other ingredients and stir often.
- Bring almost to a boil.
- Chocolate should be melted.
- Add remaining milk to pan, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with a dusting of cinnamon and a dusting of fine dark chocolate shavings.
Made this for a whole houseful on a cold holiday night and they loved it! I would have to think that the recipes using cream are too rich, at least for our taste. Great recipe!
My husband loved this hot chocolate. It was a nice change from regular hot chocolate. a little rich. Thanks Kat. bullwinkle.