Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 3 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla baking chips
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- ground cinnamon, optional
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, vanilla chips, cinnamon stick and nutmeg.
- Stir over low heat until chips are melted; remove cinnamon stick.
- Add remaining cream; mix until heated through.
- Remove from the heat; add extracts.
- Sprinkle each serving with ground cinnamon if you like.
I used dried (powdered) cinnamon, omitted the almond extract (didn't have any), and used 1% milk. This was still great.
Very delicious and rich. I took Kim's lead and used fat-free half and half and I thought it tasted wonderful. The cinnamon really adds to the flavor. Another fabulous hot drink to add to my growing collection. Thanks Christina.
I loved this recipe. I no long have to go to Star Bucks because that's how good this was. I did only use 1 cup of half and half and 2 cups of milk. It is perfect. Thanks from Amie, Galveston TX