Recipe by Maria Ramey
Something a little different than ordinary hot chocolate, but every bit as creamy and delicious!
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
As is, this recipe was way too sweet for our family's taste. The sweetness had to have come from the brand of white chocolate vanilla chips we used, so it may not be a fault of the recipe.
- 3 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla baking chips
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine 1/4 C of cream, vanilla chips, cinnamon stick, and nutmeg. Stir over low heat until chips melt completely.
- Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Add remaining cream, stir until heated through.
- Remove from heat, add extracts.
- Sprinkle each serving with ground cinnamon (optional) and serve.