1/2 Photos of White Gingerbread Tea Cake
A very pretty, light, moist tea cake. IF you use the tube or bundt pan, you can use the center as a flower vase by picking fall flowers, wrapping them in a wet towel and place in the center of the cake. I think this recipe originally came from an old Inn cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together flour, sugar and butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- 2Add 1/2 of the tsp of the cinnamon, blend.
- 3Set aside 1 cup of mixture.
- 4To the rest of the mix add, ginger, mace, salt, soda and baking powder and remaining cinnamon; stir.
- 5Add egg and buttermilk, beating till smooth.
- 6Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- 7Sprinkle reserved crumb mix evenly over top.
- 8Bake 40 minutes, or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool and serve.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Gingerbread Tea Cake
Serving Size: 1 (747 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2634.5
- Calories from Fat 908
- Total Fat 100.9 g
- Saturated Fat 61.0 g
- Cholesterol 460.4 mg
- Sodium 1609.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 400.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 206.9 g
- Protein 37.3 g