2 hrs 30 mins
I am not too fond of dark fruitcakes or of the icky fruit that's often in them (read: glaceed cherries). I devised this recipe after trying several.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup dried apricot, quartered
- 1 cup crystallized ginger
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained, quartered
- 1 cup blanched almond, coarsely chopped (toasted)
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (toasted)
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1Preheat oven to 270°F.
- 2Line three 4 ½ x 8 ½ inch loaf pans with parchment; generously butter paper.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
- 4Stir with fork to blend.
- 5Add apricots, ginger, raisins, pineapple, almonds and walnuts and toss gently to coat.
- 6Cream butter and sugar in another bowl until light and fluffy.
- 7Beating by hand, gradually add fruit mixture, alternately with eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously after each addition.
- 8Blend in peels and vanilla and extracts.
- 9Divide batter evenly among pans.
- 10Bake until a tester comes out clean, about 2 hours.
- 11Cool 30 minutes.
- 12Turn out.
- 13Peel off paper and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 137.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: