Recipe by Loves2Teach
This is an inexpensive tasty dinner! Add a garden salad and it is hard to tell it cost so little to make! Enjoy!
Top Review by Cheryl G.
I consider this recipe average at best. For one thing, I would not call the sauce a "white sauce" other than the fact that no tomato sauce was added. It is inexpensive and easy to prepare, but the quality reflects just that.
- 2-8 can minced clams
- 4 clove garlic (minced or chopped)
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml chopped parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain clams, saving 3/4 cup of juices.
- Set aside.
- In a skillet, slowly heat the olive oil and butter, add garlic and saute until golden.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in saved juices, add parsley, salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, add clams and simmer 3 minutes longer.
- Serve hot over cooked spaghetti or other Italian pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
- This white sauce will cover about 1/2 pound of pasta.