Dragonfly AZ's Note:
This cake starts with a cake mix, but by the time you're through adding the white chocolate, the ricotta cheese, and the orange juice, no one could ever tell. This cake works best with a plain cake mix--one with no pudding in it. From Ann Byrn, the cake mix doctor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 6 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- 2in a glass measuring cup, microwave the white chocolate on high for 1 minute, then stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- 3Place remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then add chocolate.
- 4Mix at low speed for 1 minute, scraping sides down frequently.
- 5Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping sides down as needed.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 38-42 minutes, or until tests done.
- 8Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes, then run a long sharp knife around edge of cake. Invert the cake onto a wire rack, then invert again so it is right side up.
- 9Let cool for about 20 minutes more.
- 10While cake is still warm, make a thin glaze with orange juice and powdered sugar. Drizzle over cake and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 251.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g