Prep 45 mins
Cook 14 mins
Adapted from Bakerita
Make and share this White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces chopped white chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- course sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In bowl of stand mixer using paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes on medium high. Add egg and mix just until incorporated. Add vanilla, mixing just until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Gently combine the flour mixture with the butter/sugar mixture until the flour is just mixed inches.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Refrigerate for at least a half hour, or at most 3 days. Make golfball sized balls and flatten a bit, or use a medium sized cookie dough scoop. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or just until bottoms of cookies are light golden brown. Cookies may seem soft and underdone, but they will set upon cooling.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet and use flat spatula to transfer them onto cooling rack.