Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I originally made these at the request of my old chorus director John Kelleher, who also worked at Seattle area Starbucks (I think he'd had the combo in a cookie there, once). I was surprised but very pleased they came out so tasty! These days, these are pretty much the only cookies which are requested and I make on a fairly regular basis.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer combine the sugar, brown sugar and butter; mix well to cream together.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour and mix well.
- Fold in the oatmeal, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips- making sure that all ingredients are uniformly distributed.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 3 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes, just until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer cookies to cooling rack.
Fabulous cookie! I'm giving this a 4-star because of all the changes I made from reading the reviews. Changes: I soaked the dried cranberries in hot water for about 10 minutes, cut the white sugar back to 1/2 cup, added an extra egg yolk, and baked @ 350* for 11 minutes. Mine were probably bigger than suggested in the directions, so I got only 20 cookies from the batch. We like 'em big! Thanks for sharing!
I made two batches...the second one was so much better and they were not as dry as the first batch. I made them slightly different but wasn't much of a change. I soaked the dried cranberries in very hot water. I put them in a bowl, microwaved some eater in a mug for a bout a minute and poured it on the cranberry bowl. Let them soak for about 20 minutes and this made the cookies taste so Much better! I also added a tablespoon of olive oil into the mix to make them softer since my first batch of cookies turned hard after cooling. and last change I did was lower the temp to 350 and cooked for about 11-12 minutes just as the edges were brown. My dad said these were a bit too sweet so maybe I will use 1/2 cup of white sugar instead of 3/4. Made 3 dozen an they are all gone!
I did what others said to do, soaked the cranberries in warm water for 10 mins and drain, added additional egg yolk (although did not add extra baking soda), reduced the white suger to 1/2 cup. I made them twice as big as recipe and squished the dough balls flat. Baked on convection bake for 8 mins. on 375 deg. I also added 1/2 cup of pecans (because I love nuts in my cookies). Next time I would add 5.5 oz vs. 6 oz of white chocolate b/c it would be exactly half of the 11 oz bag of Ghiradelli and I could make 2 batches from 1 bag. If you make these, you will want to double the batch, they are very yummy!