I originally made these at the request of my old chorus director John Kelleher, who also worked at Seattle area Starbucks (I think he'd had the combo in a cookie there, once). I was surprised but very pleased they came out so tasty! These days, these are pretty much the only cookies which are requested and I make on a fairly regular basis.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer combine the sugar, brown sugar and butter; mix well to cream together.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour and mix well.
- Fold in the oatmeal, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips- making sure that all ingredients are uniformly distributed.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 3 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes, just until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer cookies to cooling rack.