Recipe by Annacia
White chocolate gives a delux feel to your coffee.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Another winner from the Coffee Queen. This treat is rich, thick, creamy and oh so flavorful. I loved it, especially the use of the vanilla bean and brandy. What a decadent treat. Which I will make again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Summer 09 - Comfort Cafe.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 10 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped (such as Lindt or Baker's)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons brandy (or brandy extract to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups hot strong fresh-brewed coffee
- sugar or Splenda sugar substitute, as and if desired
- unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour milk into heavy medium saucepan.
- Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean.
- Add bean and seeds.
- Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add white chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in brandy and vanilla extract.
- Using tongs, remove vanilla bean.
- Return white chocolate mixture to low heat; whisk until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Pour hot coffee into mugs.
- Ladle white chocolate mixture over.
- sweeten if you wish.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and serve.