Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 bananas)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups post selects Banana Nut Crunch cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Beat eggs in small bowl; stir in bananas, oil and water.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Stir in cereal, walnuts and white chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
YUM!!! I've tried a few banana bread recipes and this one by far is the best. The bread tasted excellent at room temperature and even better heated. The bread turned out very moist and had a great banana flavor. The white chocolate chips melted into the batter and enhanced the flavor. The only changes I made was that I substitued melted butter for the oil and milk for the water. I baked the bread for 50 minutes.