Recipe by Dib's
This a great cake to serve with breakfast or dessert after dinner!
Top Review by Joolza from Oz
What a fantastic recipe ! I omitted the poppyseeds to suit my family but the texture, moistness and taste was just great. This is a winner, a great cake that I will surely do over and over. Thanx Joolz
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons candied orange peel (slivers or curls)
- white chocolate curls or dark chocolate curls
Directions See How It's Made
- For the cake~Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and lightly flour a 13x9-inch cake or bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add flour and baking soda along with the sour cream and water.
- Once combined mix on low until well blended and smooth.
- Fold in chopped chocolate, poppy seeds and orange rind.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Once done, remove and let cool on a wire rack.
- Remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely.
- For the Glaze: Melt chocolate and orange juice together in a microwave or small saucepan.
- Stir in icing sugar and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake and quickly sprinkle the top with the candied orange peel and chocolate curls.