Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 -3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and orange peel. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I started making these cookies back in the 90's: a FANTASTIC cookie, always a hit. This Toll house recipe is the same as another reviewed recipe on this site, "Orange Dream Cookies", which has glowing reviews.