1/4 Photos of White Chicken Enchiladas
2 hrs 20 mins
Lori Mama's Note:
My children like this recipe, because I don't make it with the green chilies or hot peppers. This recipe is for those of us who don't like things so spicy. I hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken legs and vegetables in large pot, cover with water and cook for aprox. 1 hour.
- 2Remove chicken and take off the skin and shred the chicken.
- 3Refrigerate the stock, skim off the fat and freeze it for another use.
- 4Over medium heat, melt butter, add flour, cook for 1 minute.
- 5Add hot milk and cook until slightly thickened. (not too thick).
- 6Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- 7Take 1 cup of the sauce and mix it in with the chicken.
- 8Place as much of the chicken mixture you like on each tortilia and wrap them up placing them seam side down in a sprayed baking dish.
- 9Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas.
- 10Sprinkle with cheese.
- 11Bake in a 350 oven for 25-30 minute.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 939.1
- Calories from Fat 516
- Total Fat 57.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 241.0 mg
- Sodium 1036.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 55.8 g