Recipe by keort
For those with sensitivities/allergies to nightshades (tomato, peppers, eggplant, potatoes), you can enjoy chili without giving in to something that will make you feel bad.
- 2 chicken breasts or 6 chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry rub chicken with cumin and garlic powder, allow to marinate for at least an hour (overnight preferable, I put all 3 in a ziploc bag and rub the chicken around in the spices from the outside so I keep my hands clean). Then cut in 1 inches pieces or smaller.
- Saute onions and garlic in butter until carmelized.
- Add all to large pot and stir until well mixed. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer until chicken is done.
- Serve with your favorite fixings (minus the hot sauce and peppers if you're sensitive). Great over Fritos.