Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
Recipe source: Prevention (January 2012)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 chicken thighs, boneless and chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a large soup pot heat the oil over medium high heat. Stir in next 6 ingredients (onions - cumin) and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, broth and beans and bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cornmeal and cilantro and simmer for 20-30 minutes longer.