Recipe by booker81
I made this tonight, loosely based on a different recipe. Of course, I substituted, changed, and added different things, and the results were wonderful. My husband has just eaten 2 large bowls of it. Even my four year old likes it.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this for our dinner on 2/3/13 ( Super Bowl Sunday ), and I'm sorry it wasn't rated until now. Except for cutting the water down to 3 cups,the sour cream down to1 cup, and only using 1 can of green chilis, the recipe was made as it was written. Thia was the first time I've ever made White Chili, and both my SO and I thought it was pretty good. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 shredded monterey jack cheese, per serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In large Dutch oven saute, onion in oil until carmalized.
- Add garlic and chicken, cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add beans, water, bullion, chilies and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream. Top with shredded cheese.