Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this dish for a wedding reception and it was a huge hit. This recipe can be altered to taste by adding or reducing the amount of cheddar cheese, garlic and parmesan cheese. This dish can also be frozen before baking (best if vacuum sealed) then let thaw and bake according to directions.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed and cooked
- 1 (1 lb) box bow tie pasta, cooked
- 1 cup fresh broccoli or 1 cup frozen broccoli, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp white cheddar cheese (grated or cut into small cubes)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley or 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- Place cubed chicken, pasta and broccoli in 9 x 13 lightly oiled casserole dish. Toss with 2 teaspoons garlic and white cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- In large saucepan over medium-low heat cook cream cheese and milk until smooth, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes and sauce thickens. Pour over chicken mixture, toss to coat. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top.
- Cover with alum. foil and bake for 20 - 30 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread to complete meal.