Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I do not remember where this came from, but I make it all the time! It is light and refreshing, perfect for spring and summer. I will warn--it is very lemony, but that is easily remedied. I sometimes make this on a Sunday and let the flavors marry overnight then have it for lunch throughout the week. The size of the salad can easily vary also.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coarse sea salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Yum. Anyone who loves lemon as much as I do will love this! I scored the zucchini first, which really looked pretty. Next time I will slice the it even thinner. I did not have green beans on hand so I left them out, and I substituted one can of red kidney beans for color. I was skeptical about the parmesan, but it really hits the spot. I especially love that this salad has very little oil and lots of protein. Thanks fishywitch.
One lemon was plenty of lemon for my tastes. Great ingredient combination, fishywitch. I really liked the parmesan crumbled rather than the usual shaved, shredded or grated. We had this last August with fresh ingredients and it was perfect. I liked this best after marinating overnight.