Recipe by fishywitch
I do not remember where this came from, but I make it all the time! It is light and refreshing, perfect for spring and summer. I will warn--it is very lemony, but that is easily remedied. I sometimes make this on a Sunday and let the flavors marry overnight then have it for lunch throughout the week. The size of the salad can easily vary also.
Top Review by B. Licious
Yum. Anyone who loves lemon as much as I do will love this! I scored the zucchini first, which really looked pretty. Next time I will slice the it even thinner. I did not have green beans on hand so I left them out, and I substituted one can of red kidney beans for color. I was skeptical about the parmesan, but it really hits the spot. I especially love that this salad has very little oil and lots of protein. Thanks fishywitch.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coarse sea salt and pepper