White Bean Dip With Oregano and Parmesan Cheese
photo by chicago gillott-i
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini, drained (white kidney beans)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- assorted fresh vegetable (such as carrots and Belgian endive, and blanched broccoli florets and asparagus)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in processor.
- Blend well until almost smooth.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Season dip with salt and pepper, to taste.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.) Place bowl with dip on platter.
- Serve with breadsticks and vegetables.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So fresh and delish!! I was looking for a recipe that could stand up to the heat of a summer night at a concert this evening at the park and this is perfect! I will be serving it with some crostinis. I did decrease the amount of parsley (used all that I had) and then added some fresh chives and just a tad of fresh rosemary. Also threw in 2 pinches of Cajun spice. YUM!
I was looking for a tasty way to have some black eyed peas for New Yearâ€™s Day and your recipe sounded like the best. I was right, I followed it exactly except I changed the beans to one 15.5 oz can of black eyed peas plus I added a little more than Â¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper, turned out as a really good dip - canâ€™t wait to make it using the white beans - Thanks for an easy, quick and really good recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.