Recipe by Kelly M.
Quick and easy! One bowl, no cook recipe. Great served with soft or crispy pita, tortilla chips, crudites, etc. I like to add a little more lemon juice and a bit of cayenne pepper. Garnish with some fresh herbs sprinkled on top if desired. Adapted slightly from a magazine clipping.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- cayenne pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary, adding salt (some canned beans are already salty), additional lemon juice, or a dash of cayenne for a little kick.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve to allow flavors to blend.