Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Food & Wine.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- cayenne pepper
- pita chips, for serving
- In a medium skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil until shimmering.
- Add the garlic, sage and rosemary and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until fragrant and the garlic is just beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the beans and toss to coat.
- Transfer the cannellini beans to a food processor.
- Add the water, season with salt and cayenne and process to a fairly smooth puree.
- Transfer the dip to a small serving bowl, drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top and serve with pita chips.