Recipe by Dinglebop
When I have basketball practice or football we can make this right after school and still be out the door on time.
Top Review by andypandy
This is really good. I added a chopped orange pepper as part of the celery amount, and also added a 28 oz can of tomatoes instead of 16 oz can as that is what I had on hand. I kept the spice amount all the same. Mine did need a little salt , but then I love the stuff. Yes this is a hit you in the back of the throat spicy chilli, which I will make again and again. Maybe I will add allspice and cinnamon to my regular chilli too. This makes an all around healthy meal.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 cups coarsely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- 16 ounces great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray,( or add olive oil) over medium heat and then add chicken. Cook and stir until browned breaking into pieces. Drain fat from pan.
- Add the celery, onions and garlic, cook and stir over medium heat about 7 minutes until vegies are tender.
- Sprinkle in the spices and stir and cook another minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with its juice, beans, and chicken broth.
- Heat to a boil, reduce heat to a nice med. low simmer, uncovered for twenty minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, grated cheddar cheese and sour cream if desired.