Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this for an appetizer with some girlfriends, it was delicious! I had to substitute a few things the first time, but this is the recipe as it is supposed to be.
- 1 French baguette, 16 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, juliennes drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Brush one side of each bread slice with the olive oil. Place on a baking sheet, oil-side up. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, mix beans, sun-dried tomatoes and basil in a medium bowl. Mash with a fork and mix well. Season with salt. Rub the cut sides of garlic over the tops of the toasts. Cover each toast slice with 1 tablespoon bean spread. Serve immediately.
This is a wonderful, rustic bruschetta topping. I love white beans, and this really enhanced their flavor nicely. Will be making again. Made for PAC Fall 2008.